We Are Coming Out of Lockdown
WE ARE COMING OUT FROM LOCKDOWN
On the 17 March 2020 we took the difficult and unprecedented decision to close the shul in order to protect the Yeshurun family.
Since lockdown we are pleased to say that initiatives were immediately put in place to assist members that required help, ranging from daily shopping to picking up prescriptions.
Unfortunately, over the past few months a number of members or their relations have passed away to whom we offer our heartfelt condolences. Our lives have changed, whether our working day or just being able to leave our homes freely without any concerns.
As the country starts to get back to some normality (whatever that might be); places of worship have been given guidelines and conditions for reopening. We have been working hard for some time to ensure the safety of our members when the shul reopens. You will have seen from our 25 June letter setting out some of the plans and requirements that we have been following public health specialist’s advice. We want to make coming back to shul as safe as possible. Whilst we have made every effort to reduce the risk to members of catching the virus from others, we have to restate that attending shul is AT YOUR OWN RISK.
We are opening up the services slowly and with caution and are pleased to advise that from Sunday 12 July the following services will be taking place:-
Monday through Friday at 7 am
Sunday at 8 am
MINCHA AND MAARIV
Sunday through Thursday at 7.30 pm
We all have a responsibility to keep safe and have consideration for fellow member’s requirements and safety. We remind you of the following:-
- We are maintaining the 2m rule within the shul grounds
- The shul windows will all be open for ventilation
- No one to enter shul grounds without a face mask/ covering
- On entering the shul everyone must wear gloves and a facemask
- There will be only one toilet in operation which will be in the classroom block for use only in an emergency. Please disinfect the toilet seat, flush handle, taps and lock with the anti-bacterial wipes provided.
- The coat hangers will not be in use for either the ladies or gentlemen, please take coats into shul with you and place them on the seat next to you.
- All available seats will be marked with a green sticker – DO NOT remove these.
- There will be no pre-allocated seats
- Use seats from the back first
- You will have to book online to attend a service. NO entry will be given if you just turn up
- Our services will only be open to members only at this time
- No food to be brought into the building and no kiddushim
- All rooms will be locked and out of bounds except the main shul and the toilet
- You will need to bring your own Siddur and Chumash
We look forward to seeing you in shul and will update members with further developments, such as Shabbat service(s) soon